Great Employees Are Waiting for You to Steal Them!
Episode 222 – The Local Small Business Coach Podcast
Hiring People for Your Small Business in a Tight Labor Market
With unemployment at an all-time low, many local business owners are struggling to find good help. Whether it is the first hire or just replacing folks or growing your team, you always want to have the best people possible.
But what if those folks aren’t walking in your door or being recommended by those you trust? How do you find good people?
In this episode, we take a deeper dive into what you can do to find good people. Here are the areas we will discuss further:
• #1 Way – Great Help is Out There – Go to Them
• Using Help from Retired Folks
• Partner with Veterans Groups
• College Kids
• High School Councilors – Kids Not Going to College
• Folks Looking for Part-Time Work to Payoff Bills / Ends Meet
• Always Be Looking – Don't Hold on to Bad Apples
And don’t forget, once you hire the best, remember, it is even more important to grow & develop them.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “Hiring the right people takes time, the right questions and a healthy dose of curiosity. What do you think is the most important factor when building your team? For us, it’s personality.” —Richard Branson
Thanks for listening!
Listen to the Local Small Business Coach Podcast Below or on Your Phone:
Join the Conversation in our Badass Local Small Business Owners Facebook Group!
Don’t forget to shoot me an email on any topic or question you would love for me to cover in an upcoming episode of the show. Just send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thinking of Getting a Coach? Check out my work with me page
- Join the Badass Local Small Business Owners Facebook Group!
- Leave a Question for the Show: Ask a Question
- Website/Training Materials
- Become a Founding Member of Our Upcoming Membership Site – Click for More Info
- Get Your FREE eBook –8 Steps to Increasing Your Profits in Your Local Small Business
- Get your free Business Health Check PDF
Badass Business Owner Learning Center
Are You a Badass Business Owner Ready to Make Even More Profits?
Be a Founding Member when the Doors Open!
Sign up below for updates & help determine the content!